D’ ŘőHǃȩ

Wednesday

ISUNYA - 8 JAM ATAU LEBIH...




Semalam pagi (26 March) aku dengar LITE FM sambil siap2 nak pegi kerja. Kebetulan ada satu topik best yang diemailkan oleh seorang pendengar. Nama dia Tina. Topik yang dia email ialah "CAN MY BOSS MAKE ME WORK MORE THAN 8 HOURS A DAY?". Wow... what a topic and rasa macam tertepek jugak kat muka aku sendiri.

Based on her email, Tina is not happy coz she has to work late for the past 3 month over many years she's been working in the company. Dia tak happy sebab terkenangkan anak2 kat rumah. Hmmm. alasannya company dia baru dapat projek dan aku percaya they all rushing untuk siapkan projek tu.

Aku try hard that morning untuk call LITE FM. Kononnya nak bagi my opinion. Tapi tak dapat plak.  What to do. Sebab kes Tina ni sangat related dengan my working hours.

My dear Tina (or whoever you really are), thank god at first place  the project has been awarded to your company.  Imagine if the project goes to my company. I would have my own margin and my own profit  and by  end of the year I'll collect my half year bonus.  Fyi, all of my team in the office are more than  willing NOT ONLY WORKING MORE THAN 8 HOURS A DAY BUT SLEEP IN THE OFFICE  to make things happened and to ensure we managed to meet the dateline.  Most of us are married,  mothers and wives. Provided our flexible time being supportive point to them.  Bila ada projek, we work hard together, bila projek dah selesai we  enjoy our extra time also together. That is life.  Fair enough rite.

Then come this one guy named Shankar (if I not mistaken) thrown his opinion which I agreed so much. The boss(es) level work even harder (or smarter)  in order to ensure monthly exspenses to be paid  eventually.  Bosses has no working hours as they have to focus and forecast all the time.  Kalau bukan staff yang diharapkan untuk merealisasikan semua tu... siapa lagi kan. Bayangkan kalau boss Tina jenis yang tak kisah company mereka ada projek atau takde... tak kisah kalau tak ada extra work pun,  tak kisah kalau they don't make profit, tak kisah untuk fight for project or kontrak, lepas tu everyday lepaskan staff balik awal without siapkan kerja2 penting and miss the closing day.... kan. cuba bayangkan. Kalau boss Tina jenis yang macam tu maknanya boss dia pun tak kisah kalau gaji Tina tak dibayar or bayar lambat every month, tak kisah kalau no bonus every end of the year, tak kisah ada increment atau tak pada staff dan TAK KISAH KALAU COMPANY SURVIVE  OR TUTUP.  Wow...

Tina must remember that she is not a goverment servant. Thus, the more you work the more you get. I am not a boss. But I always learn (from my humble boss) that  in order to be succesful, I must think beyond my seat and outside the box.  Sacrifice your-comfy-self  upfront for the real comfort ahead. is it real?... I dunno. Insyaallah. At least we tried our best.

And Tina, if you feel not happy thinking of your kids at home every time working late, TRUST ME that you'll feel even worse thinking of 'em when you  jobless!. One of my priceless experience ialah setiap kali interview new candidates for the company. Aku boleh tengok macam2 gelagat how they 'hunger' for the job. Ada yang offer trial without pay just to prove their talent!. Jadi for those yang ada pekerjaan di luar sana tu... bersyukurlah. Cuba berminat dengan kerja anda. Jangan jadikan ianya sekadar kerja tapi anggaplah ianya career.   Everytime you feel not happy with top management or manegerial level (akulah tue) ... try at least put your self in their shoes. And jangan sekali2 anggap  pekerjaan orang lain lebih bagus daripada kita. Kita yang tentukan kerja kita bagus atau tidak.

But I must be fair to Tina as well. There is no point for you to spend even a minute more in the office if there are/were no benefits and colorful rewards. Forget it. If I may say, business is business and win-win situation is the real target of achievement!.

Good luck then (especially for myself)




2 comments:

Kak Bedah said...

Well said beb...

305 said...

'Back bone' of d Company....